FLEX! Japanese PUNK/HC SCENE 1975-1986
FLEX! discography of Japanese
PUNK/HC SCENE 1975-1986
1700 imagens de encartes
Escrito em Inglês.
I have been working like a madman for three years, devoting my heart and soul to an entirely different punk and hardcore scene:
I can honestly say that I have not been this excited about music since I first discovered American hardcore in 1981!
The depth, variety, quality (and not least, collectibility) of this scene is simply breathtaking, ranging from classic KBD punk and raging hardcore to excellent mod and beat punk, angular hard punk and obscure styles that hardly compare to anything outside of Japan.
This new FLEX book traces the first decade of that scene, from 1975 to 1986 (I added an extra year to include some more classic hardcore releases).
Just like the US version of FLEX, it’s a near-complete discography of punk and hardcore, adding mod and the punk-er side of powerpop (much less than in the US books), no wave, post punk and new wave.
Some basic stats:
– 1,300 reviews and 1,700 sleeve scans on 580 pages
– US Trade/Digest format (a more manageable size than the huge US books)
– Band and pressing info, alternate versions, reissues, bootlegs, insert info and more…
– Detailed sections for Star Club, The Stalin, GISM, Gauze, Confuse, Gai/Swankys, Execute, Kuro, The Willard and whatever other Japanese band you may be looking for.
– Several age-old collector mysteries solved (Human Gas/Stali Nism! Star Club 1977 EP!)
|Dimensões||18 × 26 × 16 cm|